Stand for the Ashburton District
Tū kaha mō te Rohe o Hakatere
Have you thought about standing for the Ashburton District? If elected, you could play a crucial role in our District’s future through the decisions you help make over the next three years.
Any New Zealand citizen over the age of 18 and enrolled on the parliamentary roll can stand for election and our community needs representatives of all backgrounds and walks of life. Will you answer the call and make a difference in Mid Canterbury?
Candidate nominations have now closed.
Pre Election Report
A pre-election report is designed to promote informed discussion in the lead up to the local body elections in October.
It outlines the key issues facing the Council and the district over the coming years and explains the Council's current financial position.
The report is prepared by the Chief Executive independently of the current Mayor and councillors.
Resources for Candidates
Information for Candidates
- 2022 Ashburton District Candidate Handbook
- Candidate Information Evening Briefing (19-07-2022)
- Ashburton District Ward Boundaries Map
- Ashburton District Council Pre-Election Report
Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions - Standing for Council in the Local Elections
- Frequently Asked Questions - Braided Rivers Community Trust Elections (Ashburton Licensing Trust)
Campaigning and Advertising
Information Requested by Candidates
When a candidate requests information from the Council, it is made available to all other candidates and linked below.
- There are no current requests for information.
Key Contacts Ngā Pānga Matua
Phone: 0800 398 683
Deputy Electoral Officer