Nominations have now closed.
Nominations for the Western Ward By-election closed at 12pm on Thursday 16 March 2023. Click here to view the nominations received before the deadline.
Pre Election Report
A pre-election report is designed to promote informed discussion in the lead up to the local body elections in October.
It outlines the key issues facing the Council and the district over the coming years and explains the Council's current financial position.
The report is prepared by the Chief Executive independently of the current Mayor and councillors.
Resources for Candidates
Information for Candidates
- 2023 Candidate Information - Western Ward
- Ashburton District Ward Boundaries Map
- Ashburton District Council Pre-Election Report
- 2022 Local Elections Candidate Handbook
- Taituarā & LGNZ Vote Local – Information for Candidates
- Elected Member Remuneration 2022-23
Official Notice of By-Election
Frequently Asked Questions
Campaigning and Advertising
Information Requested by Candidates
When a candidate requests information from the Council, it is made available to all other candidates and linked below.
- There are no current requests for information.
Phone: 0800 398 683
Deputy Electoral Officer